Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Do You Suffer From These Common Signs of IBS?
• Bloating, gas and abdominal cramping after meals
• Changeable bowel movements – constipation and or Diarrhea
• Painful bowel movements
• Anxiety or depression
IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) has been referred to as nervous digestion or spastic/mucous colitis. IBS is more prevalent in women than in men and generally manifest during adulthood. IBS is responsible for approximately 50% of all gastrointestinal complaints.
The factors that contribute to IBS
• Multiple food sensitivities and/or intolerances
• Inadequate nutrition, especially consumption of large amounts of highly refined, sugary, low-fibre foods.
• High levels of stress
• Altered microbial organisms in the intestine i.e. not enough of the ‘good’ bacteria needed for intestinal health)
• Lifestyle habits including lack of exercise
IBS is an extremely uncomfortable chronic condition of the large intestine that affects approximately 14% to 23 % of the population of the western world at some period of adult life. Malabsorption, Intestinal Permeability, bacterial overgrowth are ailments that have been implicated in the cause/affect of IBS.
As with all digestive disorders including IBS, your Naturopath will take an individualized approach. Assessing all aspects of your Wellbeing, the primary aim is to rebalance and repair the gastrointestinal tract, while addressing stress and other factors that may be contributing factors in this condition. Food intolerance can be easily assessed with our home test kit which is assessed by our nationally accredited laboratory, and once assessed food irritants can be eliminated. Treatment may include homeopathic herbals to balance and repair the gastroinstinal tract. Flower Essence and homobotanicals for emotional support, supplement to restore ‘friendly’ gut bacteria.
Other digestive problems that Naturopathic approach can help treat include:
• Indigestion, bloating
• Constipation, Diarrhea
• Crohn’s Disease
• Gastro-esophageal reflux
• Stomach/intestinal ulcers
Plus others that we are not allowed to mention in the press!
Naturopathic health care is an individualized treatment with the primary goal is to address the cause of illness, rather than treating or suppressing symptoms. Time is taken to fully understand and assess each individual patient. Naturopathic medicine is founded on six principles:
• First, do no harm.
• Act in cooperation with healing powers of nature.
• Address the fundamental causes of disease
• Heal the whole person through individualized treatments.
• Teach the principles of health living
• Prevention is the best cure.
Kate Sabathie-Edwards BHSc.ND.DHM.ATMS is a fully qualified accredited Naturopath and Herbalist with over 18 years experience. She is based in Australia and works with clients throughout the world with her unique online Naturopath programs. The Online Naturopath programs are designed to offer a safe alternative no matter what your geographic location, time zone/schedule.
Got questions? Request a FREE 20 minute consultation to discuss your current health concerns. Email: email@example.com